Okay, I found a few things and managed to get a successful scan on a
sub-set of my library.

1) There were remnants of a Firefly Media Server service that kept
trying to start on my server, several times per minute. It had
thousands of entries in the event viewer. I haven't used this in ages
and had no idea it was still even on there. So, it's gone now.

2) I had playlists in MusicIP. I deleted them and reloaded the MIP
cache and was able to get a successful scan of ~1200 files. MIP is set
to retrieve mixable status only here, too.

3) Abort Scan is definitely not working.

4) Using "cleanup" in the control panel messes up permissions on the
cache folder until my server machine is restarted. I stopped using that
and just manually emptied the folder to get a clean scan.

Now I am trying the scan on my full library of 25,000 files.

rbz: two hours was just a guess. I don't really know how long it took
the last time (it was so long ago), but I'm pretty certain it was less
than 2 hours. I'm not real certain of the new and changed rescan times,
either. When I'd add new music I would create a playlist of the new
songs and then do rescan playlists and that usually took 10-20 minutes
depending on how much music I added. Twonky is disabled.

Thanks for all the hand-holding. I will keep you posted...

--
MeSue

SUE

1 Duet | 2 Booms | 1 Radio | 1 Touch (beta) | 1 SB2
HP MediaSmart EX470 | Squeezebox Server 7.5 | iPod Touch w/ iPeng
Find me on 'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue) | 'Twitter'
(http://twitter.com/suechastain)