Philip Meyer;643119 Wrote:
> >The abort scan feature _must_ be fixed. You cannot require users to
> >delete the cache folder or kill a scanner process to recover from a
> >botched scan. You must be able to get back to a place where you can
> at
> >least launch a full scan from scratch.
> >
> For what it's worth, I thought that Abort scan was working for me.  I
> tried it a few times, when I was testing.  There's loads of other
> things wrong with scanning, but aborting seemed to function okay.

Seems to work for me too besides that I succeeded in getting the
database locked while testing it so I had to restart SBS to get back to
a working setup.

In what scenarios does people see problem with abort ?
What is the behavior, is it just a scanner process that continue
running or are we talking about the in-process scanner ?
Does the progress bar continue even if you have clicked abort ?

I suspect it might take a few seconds for the abort to take effect
since there are two processes involved, but if the scanning still
continues after 10 seconds it feels like there is a problem somewhere.
Maybe it's specific to some configuration so that's why I don't see it
in my setup ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))