It happened again! D'oh! Resending, sorry....

>From: Trent Shea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>On Tuesday 09 October 2007 08:22:26 pm Walter Barnes wrote:
>> After completing LFS and knowing that it includes Texinfo I fully expected
>> BLFS to be available as an info page; I was very surprised to find that
>> this is not the case.
>
>It's simply a matter of taste. Personally I don't like info/emacs. No real
>reasons, just don't, so I wouldn't have even thought about LFS in info.

And therin lies the problem. First, please understand I do not wish to be
offensive; I would just like to point out that I have noticed that all too
often in the open source community developers tend to be more aware of
themselves and other developers and not the end user.

Providing BLFS in info format does not require dumbing down *LFS or making any
other major changes to its content. All that's required is to put aside what
one likes or dislikes and consider that Texinfo is a part of LFS so why not
provide BLFS in info format?

Again I want to emphasize I am not trying to be rude. I fully appreciate the
efforts of the LFS team as I simply would not have been able to build a Linux
system without guidance from the LFS book.

>Anyhow, try this http://people.csail.mit.edu/mernst/software/#html2texi at
>first glance it appears to be what you are looking for. Maybe you will find
>youself the maintainter of LFS in texifo version ;p.

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for :-)

Walter