>From: Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>On 10/9/07, Walter Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I could probably do that but chrooting while running the host and using
>> the host's browser to read BLFS would be easier. Either way, it does not
>> make sense to me that regardless of what it lacks, you can at least read
>> info pages in a fresh LFS but BLFS is not available in that format. The Big
>> Question is, why not?
>
>It's written in DocBook, not Texinfo. It's not as straightforward as
>it sounds to say "I want this in info format". There are many benefits
>to having the book written in DocBook. Unfortunately, texinfo isn't
>one of them.

Yes, it could well be too late now. However, if Texinfo was a part of LFS at
the time BLFS was first created why didn't anyone consider taking advantage of
that and making BLFS readable under a fresh install of LFS? (That's a
rhetorical question :-) )

>I know you don't want to hear this, but the easiest thing to do is
>just install lynx. You can even install it in /tools so it doesn't
>interfere with the final system. You can also download a local copy of
>the rendered HTML for BLFS (the stable versions, anyway):

Trent provided a link for a program called html2texi, I will try that first
(Doing the conversion on my host system) and if it doesn't work out then I'll
use lynx.

Walter