Hi,

Am 02.06.22 um 12:32 schrieb Jan Holesovsky:
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Mantke píše v St 01. 06. 2022 v 17:23 +0200:

Am 01.06.22 um 11:11 schrieb Jan Holesovsky:
The difference is that once you hire a developer / developers, the
development becomes a mandatory expense - TDF has to pay their wage
every month.
It seemed you try to create the impression that a contract of an
in-house-developer is always for livelong and thus a big mandatory
expense for a very long time.
If you have a look at the history of TDF staff, you will see that only
very few people have ever left it.  I am very pleased that we have
people working for TDF even for around 10 years, and most of the people
stay for loooong periods - which is great for continuity of course.
hey, you showed that you have either no knowledge about staff contract
regulations or you try to throw smoke grenades and trick the community
again.
But I think you as the general manager of
a commercial company should know better (?).
Unfortunately you are very confused about my role in Collabora it
seems.  My role is "People Development Manager" - which is a nice
sounding title for a mentor.  I have no company shares, and no
executive role there.
The Collabora website shows that you are one of the managers of this
commercial company:

https://www.collaboraoffice.com/about-us/

And thus it is very obvious that you have no interest in the amount of
TDF tenders (for working on LibreOffice source code).

You should not try to take the community and the public for a fool. Such
behavior disqualified for a role in the board of TDF.

Because a
commercial company has to calculate in unforeseeable problems and
realize a profit, the price for a tender is much higher.
On the other hand, the commercial company has to assume there are other
competing companies in the process, so every bid is (and has to be)
risky and as cheap as possible.
Please stop kidding: I currently know only two commercial companies that
are able to bid on LibreOffice source code tender. Thus there is no
competing market yet. It's more of a monopoly / oligopoly market. And
nearly everyone knows about the formation of prices in such market from
her / his daily experience.

I am not directly involved, but I have heard that Collabora were
actually losing money on some tenders, so TDF got a much better deal
than it would do with internal developers.  And it is not Collabora's
fault, it is one of the reasons why "tendering" exists as a tool in
general.
If that loosing money on tenders would be true, it is clear that you
have a CoI with your roles at Collabora and at TDF.
Over all I think the above answer shows that the role of a general
manager of a commercial company, which has some interest in TDF
tendering development, has a huge CoI with the TDF role(s).
I am not a general manager, I have no personal interest in the tenders
and I have no shares from the tenders.
See above.

I have no CoI in the process of drafting the proposal.

I have large experience in development and in mentoring, so I have the
experience and skills needed for drafting the proposal.
And maybe Collabora is also very happy that you have such experience and
you are involved in writing proposals for them too?

Thus I'd
expect that this CoI should be solved asap and the appropriate
measures
taken  to prevent TDF from further damage.
Are you, a TDF non-member, actually asking me, an _elected_ Board
Member, to step down?  That is a very ridiculous demand.
A apologize for lèse majesty. You stated correctly that I'm a nobody
(not seriously speaking).

But seriously: you behave in a way which is unworthy for a leader of an
OSS project. The TDF community consists not only from TDF members. And
you denigrate all participants which are not TDF member. This damages
the whole LibreOffice/TDF community.

You should draw the appropriate measures now and avert further damage
from TDF/LibreOffice (community).

Regards,
Andreas

--