hello Paolo,

On 02.06.22 19:55, Paolo Vecchi wrote:

> Also thanks to Andreas comment about the ESC minutes I had a look at
> last week and today's minutes and it seems like Michael Meeks is already
> implementing his proposal, transposed mostly by copy/paste by Kendy in
> his own proposal (which BTW hasn't been renamed yet), with some
> unexplained urgency and without anyone informing the board.

if memory serves (and i'm sorry to say i missed last week's meeting due to
a public holiday), the ESC discussed this topic because there was an
urgency expressed on this list [1] regarding the hiring of in-house
developers/mentors by TDF.

one of the questions with this plan is which problem domains the in-house
developers would be working on, that is, which are the areas that are
actively used but under-maintained currently, so that for example
expertise in such areas could be considered when evaluating applicants.

hence the question was brought to the ESC to draw on the experience of its
members in diverse areas of the code base, and the ESC attempted to come
up with a list of such under-maintained areas in a collective effort, in
order to expedite the TDF hiring process.

the current version of the list, imperfect and unfinished as it is, is
public in the TDF Wiki.

also there was a follow-up discussion on the public mailing list, with
about half a dozen people with various backgrounds - including several
community members who are not in the ESC - provided additional input that
can been taken into account.

in case the board no longer considers hiring to be urgent, or is not
interested in advice prepared by the ESC and sourced from the developer
community, i think the ESC (who i don't speak for, this is just my
personal opinion) would be most happy to stop discussing this topic and
come back to it at a later date; please advise us of your preference in
this regard.

best regards,
 michael

[1]