On 2.6.2022 21.50, laszlo.nem...@documentfoundation.org wrote:
Also tendering and in-house development are not interchangeable. The planned in-house development with 1-2 developers is not a viable option for LibreOffice development without the development activity of a couple dozen developers of these 4-5 companies (Collabora Productivity, allotropia, Red Hat Linux, NISZ, etc.) and unaffiliated developers (https://www.documentfoundation.org/gethelp/developers/). Likely the planned in-house development could spare a few tenders per year for the same or double price. If we are extremely lucky, we could spare much more, but if one of the companies, e.g. my client terminates LibreOffice development (because its long-term "aim to leave the development for the community"), the price could be much higher for the LibreOffice community, because the 1-2 new in-house developers couldn't replace losing 5 or more developers. Check my previous numbers about the real risk: how my client tries to find and keep the good developers continuously.

Tendering and in-house development are not interchangeable, but they are interlinked. Keep in mind that the in-house devs would participate in running tenders.

Ilmari