At 03:24 PM 1/5/2003 +0000, you wrote:
Jim said:

> And BTW, in the spirit of fairness, since atheists often say we can't
> prove the existence of God, is it completely wrong to point out that
> scientists can't prove the Big Bang?

It's not the job of scientists to prove the Big Bang - it's their job to
disprove it!

Rich
GCU Science Is Not The Search For Truth

I don't know why, but your statements look completely wrong. I'm sure there are just as many scientists who work towards fitting new data in with old theories to make the case for the big bang even better. The scientist who has that one piece of data that just doesn't fit no matter what he tries, he's the one who ends up, sometimes unintentionally, making a new theory that fits the old data and the new.

Kevin T.
Or maybe the truth as I know it is different from yours (maybe joking)