Nick Arnett wrote:

> [...]

All this reminds me of something I saw a bit of on TV, where some
Christians were arguing the point that Christianity is favorable to the
scientific method, that Christians invented it, and that the pursuit of
science was a great way to come to understanding more of God's
creation.  I changed the channel before it got much past 1700 or so in
the history of science and Christianity.  (I think it came on after a
church service someone was watching over the holidays, and we changed
the channel so as to be sure not to miss any football.  I couldn't tell
you which channel, but I suspect whichever religious channel Cox cable
carries in my area, which I'm not going to look up right this minute.)

        Julia