On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is ridiculous. What would you of had him do, Angel? Completely ignore
> his generals?

The "we just do what the Generals tell us to" is misleading.  The
civilians in the Pentagon and Whitehouse set policy and the military
Generals execute on it.

For example, if said, "Brian, guard your office.  How many troops do
you need?" and you said "5 men", I bet you could guard your office
fine - that doesn't mean the building is secure.

That is, if most people want the building to be secure, but I've only
told you to guard that office, when asked if you need more troops
you're going to say no - you've been told your job is only to guard
the office.

The funny thing here is that when Lawrence Lindsey said that the war
in Iraq would cost $2 billion he was fired.  When Gen. Shinseki said
we needed more troops he was fired.

Both were right and it sure appears that Mr. Bush didn't want you that
before hand.