This is ridiculous. What would you of had him do, Angel? Completely ignore his generals? Wasn't that the liberal side a few weeks ago? That there were generals telling him he needed more troops, and he ignored them? Now he's saying the generals told him they had plenty of troops, and you are saying he SHOULD have ignored them.

So which is it??!?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Angel Stewart
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 10:07 PM
  Subject: Bush's telling Non Answer.

  <snip>
   What did Bush say about
  this in the debate? He recalled "sitting in the White House looking at
  those generals, saying, 'Do you have what you need in this war?' " and
  going to the White House basement and "asking them, 'Do we have the
  right plan with the right troop level?' And they looked me in the eye
  and said, 'Yes, sir, Mr. President.' "

  Convenient, isn't it? If we don't have enough troops in Iraq, it's the
  fault of the generals, not of a commander in chief who doesn't seem to
  like answers other than "yes, sir." But in a democracy, voters don't
  have to say "yes, sir." And many of them, like Linda Grabel, are looking
  for even a smidgen of the humility Bush promised in the debates four
  years ago but now seems incapable of delivering.