If the majority of the populace no longer had to pay taxes, I am sure you
would see a huge increase in donations and charity.

Even if that didn't happen people would only allow themselves to not have a
retirement plan for one generation, after that everyone would have seen
grammy die in the street, and they would make sure they put away money to
take care of themselves.  Any increase in personal responsibility would make
me happy.

In order to see the form of government I would like to see, there would need
to be a major and very painful adjustment.  I don't think I will ever see
it, which sucks.  Would be nice to go grab a small country somewhere and
give it a shot though.