We have one that neutered before we got him, and the other is still
intact. They both mark, but only the intact one will lift his leg.

Our vet didn't see the need in neutering the one dog, he said there is
no reason to go through surgery if you don't have to. I'd rather my
other dog not have been neutered.

They just don't seem as happy, I know I wouldn't be :)