One of the many reasons I live in Lexington. They attempted an ordinance
here in regards to barking dogs, that could have fined the owner, or
potentially caused the dog to be taken away should the dog bark on and
off for any reason for more than a few minutes.

The public backlash against it actually caused the city council member
who proposed it to not get re-elected.

In the dogs I have owned, the males that were intact always seemed
happier, and more energetic, which is what I want out of my dog. I'm not
talking about the dog getting some; I'm more talking about testosterone.
I know the metabolism is affected.