I'm not sure how it works... my understanding is that many companies "pool"
the points via corporate cards and distribute them as they see fit to reduce
their costs.

This is apparently a considerable "perk" for this company (compared to their
competitors).

> I know one Fortune 500 that even though they have their own travel
> concierge
> system you are required to go thru to make reservations for anything,
> when
> you check in, flight, room or rental car, it's your private points card
> presented and credited for the purchases. The employer can't demand
> that the
> business take those points away and give them to another account...

In my case (I'm in a fortune 50 company) I rarely travel but I don't get
points myself.  The flights, cars and hotels are booked by the corporate
travel office - I don't do a thing.

Maybe I'm missing something (I'm a reluctant traveler at very best).

Jim Davis