On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:38 AM, CF Developer <coldfus...@mindkeeper.net> wrote:
> Setup rule in Outlook to move messages to a Local PST file after x
> number of days.
> -- By creating this rule, outlook would have ALL the emails and it
> would help keep GMail and IPhone clean of old emails (unless I have
> a folder that is labelled "KEEP"). I could set the rule not to filter that
> folder.

Why use Outlook PST file as your long term storage?  Then you have to
copy that file around when you switch computers and sometimes Outlook
goes all wack-job on you and you have to mess with the PST file a bit.
 They also get too large and stop performing.

GMail will allow you to store just about all the email you will get in
a very very long time (some mailing lists excluded).  It also has a
MUCH faster and better search.

I use to keep PST files but I found that I was only keeping mail in
Outlook "in case I needed to get an old email for some reason".  GMail
is way superior for this type of archival.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc