yeah, you are right charlie, that stuck out to me as wrong.
the ALL MAIL folder is just the view of all mail, not dropped into
labels or archived or whatever, its how i just check to seee if
a message im waiting for has shown up withuot navigating
to the label.

btw, the new GMAIL Interface for iPhone is TIIIIIGHT