> Sam wrote:
> What I was implying was that the so called public option plan would
> ban early detection mm's. Since the PO would likely put most ins co's
> out of biz that would eventually mean all plans.

Dammit Sam.  I'm agreeing with you for the second time this week.  And
I've read this whole thread.

I don't get why everyone jumps to the "haggling" argument.  Does
anyone "haggle" for airfare?  Nope.

But given the choice would you rather pay an inflation-adjusted fare
today or in 1978?

Cause in 1978 it would cost you double.  Why?  Haggling?

Well sort of.  From the market in general.

See if all airlines asked $5000 for a ticket we'd all have to pay it.
But with good ole fashioned capitalism, somebody would come alone and
offer the same ticket for $4500, then another at $4k, then another at
$3k, then you'd get to today when it's $300.

That's what would happen with healthcare if consumers were in charge.

You wouldn't show up and haggle - the prices would be set at what the
market would bear.

The worst thing to happen to Americans is credit.  And that's what
health insurance is.

Yet for some awful reason, everyone wants more credit - more plans.
Private plans "too expensive"?  Get a government plan!

Can't afford that new TV?  Get a government credit card!!

Cause that's the solution to it right?  More credit.  Cheaper credit.

How does that make any sense to anyone???

And how is it that Sam - SAM! - is out on front with thinking in this thread?

Healthcare was 15% of our GDP.  Now it's 17% and rising.

You Americans think more credit is the answer?

Good luck.