My issue is not so much with the fact that we could not detect the
powder, but that information was not shared that may have put him on a
'no fly' list to begin with.

That is the issue that needs to be fixed. Who knows, maybe everyone
thought it was fixed and this just shed light on it again. But, we now
know it is still a problem, lets get it fixed. Which is why I did like
the response that basically said, " I want to know why this happened,
and I want to know now"