On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Erika L. Rich <elr...@ruwebby.com> wrote:
> You're taking a serious subject and saying "ahh BS. People need to ball up
> and move on."

Sometimes, this is totally true.

> In MY opinion. :)
>
> Change it.

I also see situations where people get picked on at work.  I have seen
the bullying.  I recognize that it exists.  I just wonder how you
legislate that human behavior out of people without introducing a
crippling level of bureaucracy and overwhelmingly burdensome political
correctness?

It's interesting to watch Mad Men episodes and see the men chasing
women around the office.  Totally unacceptable today, and it should
be.  But I wonder how far we go to protect people?  If I ask someone
to stay late and work on something - am I bullying them?  Will they
file a complaint?  How do you construct a policy or a law in a
balanced way?

What is the solution?  What is fair to the employee?  At what point is
it unfair to the employer?

-Cameron