How is not accepting a questionable apology by a top 10 media figure which
was devastating to your reputation "pure politics"?

I don't know that I would accept it that easily, either.

I would demand a LOT more groveling and backpedalling, personally.

Now, if she goes on to make this about Republicans, or candidates, etc,
then that would be different. But I don't know that has anything to do with
the apology.