"One thing I have found very interesting with conservatives and progressives
is the differences in how they discuss and argue things. A fair amount of
research shows that generally conservatives tend to
use anecdote and emotional fear based messaging, while progressives are
more likely to use studies, and data. "

Bull shit.  Progressive tend to ignore evidence and studies that contradict
their world view while cherry picking studies that confirm it.  And when I
say ignore, I mean truly ignore.  It's like the evidence doesn't even exist
even.

Before someone calls out the obvious, conservatives do the same. Maybe to a
lesser degree.

I'll give you a self experiment to carry out if you can tolerate.  Watch
any "news" commentary show on any "news" network.  The majority of the
time, the leftist will degenerate into yelling, name calling, etc, before
the righty.

"Jerry's comment is a good example of such. No insult Jerry, its just
something I've noticed about your discussion styles."

None taken.

I do use a lot of examples I'll admit.   Why?  Because a good counter
example ruins all credibility of a progressive argument.

-

One of the surprising privileges of intellectuals is that they are free to
be scandalously asinine without harming their reputation. - Eric Hoffer

Not only have intellectuals been insulated from material consequences, they
have often enjoyed immunity from even a loss of reputation after having
been demonstrably wrong - Thomas Sowell