Even for short games we also have the problem of what we want to do in front
of the kids. I have to play many of the my favorite after lights out: Silent
Hill, GTA, Resident Evil, etc - not very kid friendly.  ;^)

As an aside we bought the boy a GameBoy SP for Christmas - he loves it
(although the games for his age group are sheer crap - why have a game aimed
at 4-6 year-olds with page after page of text?)  I think it's ridiculous
that the system itself doesn't do an auto-pause when the cover is closed.
The thing could go to sleep (turn of the screen, processor, etc) and leave
the current game in memory for months until the juice finally drained
(although a small watch battery could extend that for more months).

It just seems that for a portable system Nintendo just didn't design it for
people that actually play on the go.

Glad to hear that some game designers are picking up the slack. but that
should have been a standard feature of the SP, I think.

Jim Davis

  _____