From: Lyons, Larry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 10:21 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Comments on Catholic Church

Mike,

Unfortunately if you don't confront this sort of hate speech it spreads
and
like any other sort of virus it infects others. All together too often
the
idea is that in some people's minds since it isn't challenged then it
must
be true. This sort of justification has been used for even longer than
you
mention, consider northern Ireland, Germany and England.

As an aside, I personally think that if people read Martin Luther's
writings, then to a great extent they would reject a lot of what he
said.
For instance there is an extremely ugly anti-Semitic thread throughout
his
writings that makes Mien Kampf look mild by comparison. But what struck
me
was the obsession he had with feces and defecation. After reading his
writings on Satan for instance, with all of the fecal references, it
makes
me wonder if he had some weird perversion involving feces.

larry