I am not sure what you think may statement is. I am one of those inbetween people myself. My point is that 47% support sovereignty, which to me means Quebec as a separate country. The numbers drop into the 20s for the English-speaking population, which is only to be expected. The numbers also drop when you stipulate that there is to be no economic partnership, which is also only to be expected. I am not aware of ANY good model for how this would work. Despite the history, I think the population of Quebec is simply pragmatic, and sees that geography alone requires some sort of relationship, not to mention the overlapping language groups like the French-speaking in the Ottawa valley and the English speakers on the south bank of the St Laurent. And Montreal, of course.

Dana