47 percent support sovereignty association, not independence. Only 28%
according to the poll you cited support independence.

There is a difference. SA means that they would still be in a health care,
economic and tax union. In other words they want all the benefits of being
in Canada without any of the costs.

Additionally I grew up in the largest french speaking region outside of
Quebec. There is a very strong bias against franco-Manitobans in Quebec. In
my experience I found that many francophones in Quebec are insular and
rather biased against all but their own group. Many have no problem with
what Parizeau and Michaud advocate.

larry