Well, I guess it depends on how yoou like to travel.

If you like to explore nooks and crannies at your own pace ... Then go
by car.

If you just wanna spend time on a train, then get off, and tour around
within reach of the station and money for a cab, and worry about missing
a train, a late train, crowded trains, lost luggage, or stick to a
certain schedule, then go by train.

I found so many cool things to spend time at in England, you can't
possibly do it all in one trip anyway.

But you can see the best parts, at your own pace, by car. I am a nomad
and car traveler of the first order. We've done so much traveling around
by both in England, and the car, even though it's slower, is so much
more fun. :D

I say write out a list of pros and cons.

And give me some time, like over the weeekend, and I'll dig up some B&B
info for you :D

Cheers,
Erika