> anyhow, the truth of the matter is this....if i can
> develop rich cf applications for companies
> in half the time, that it might take an asp coder
> to do it, with half the code, i will, and until something
> better comes along, thats what im doing...

I am not disagreeing that CF is faster to develop in. I am simply
pointing out that it is not because one particular feature takes less
lines to code in CF than another language. I suspect that just as much
time is spent in another language learning an email library's API as is
wasted by CFers trying to figure why cfmail doesn't do what it is
supposed to.

> of course there is other code to the cfmail tag, what idiot
> wouldnt know that?  but the point was, from a developers
> prospective, why waste your time on asp or php or anything
> like that, when you can simply make the BIGGEST BADDEST
> web apps in the world, with an easy to use tag based markup
> language.

Hrm, last time I check the biggest baddest web apps in the world weren't
written in CF.

> i didnt ask the toyota dealer if he used craftsman tools to build my
> celica, i simply asked him if it worked, and when i turned
> the ignition on, it worked, i was pleased.

I don't think that is really a valid analogy.

-Matt