On Monday, August 26, 2002, at 05:56 PM, Matt Liotta wrote:

> Well that is just what I was getting at. It is nice that CF has all
> this
> wrapped up functionality, but it comes at a price. That price is
> control. Sure there is usually a way to get it to do what you want, but
> that generally takes longer than it would have, had you just used a 3rd
> party library to begin with.

I don't know... I do most of an app in CF ('cause it's fast and easy).
Every now and again I will use cfobject (pre CFMX) to do things that CF
  can't do -- like return a columnlist from a query in the same order in
which the columns were defined in the db  (I know, I know -- it's an
interactive query utility).

Point is :

        CF = high productivity 80-90% of the time

        ASP-Like cfobject = more granular control 10-20% 0f the time

Seems to be a pretty good mix.

FOR CFMX, SSpose I need to learn Java well enough to replace the
cfobject capability!

Yeah, I can do ASP & Perl, but I am not productive enough to make a
profit doing it!

DICK