You know to this day it still amazes me things people say! Kinda like the
old "Mac is better than Microsoft", or even better "Microsoft is better than
Mac". C'mon we all know Linux is better ;)

ColdFusion and ASP are tool that you use to get things done. Each has it's
pros and it's cons.

If you are working to meet a deadline, ColdFusion is your best solution, if
you are looking to charge your customer with more hours of work from a
project ASP is better.

In truth ColdFusion is much more mature (Sincee it has actually been around
longer in the market) than ASP and therefore it most ways behaves better. I
wonder where ASP would be if Allaire would of been as big a Microsoft when
it was released? I mean think about the comparison of companies! Yes,
ColdFusion costs money, ASP can be plugged in. For ASP you need add-ons, and
in some cases you also do with CF (CFX Tags, etc...). But in truth knowing
both ASP and ColdFusion (actually started with ASP... [needless to say I
cannot even remember those days anymore ;)] I've really seen ColdFusion do
things in half the time that ASP do.

I still to this day believe that the languages are tools we use to achieve
the things we want or need, if you want to use ASP, that's your choice, just
don't knock one or the other.

I personally prefer Coldfusion simply because in my opinion it's much more
powerful, scalable and faster. It takes a lot less time to build my
applications and even better when I hire an entry level CF programmer, it's
MUCH MUCH easier to get them going on the coding. Not to mention that
ColdFusion has the greatest Community online. :)

Well, that was just my two cents on the matter...

Pablo Varando
http://www.cfpablo.com
http://www.easycfm.com