If all you are doing is presenting data to the user with no interaction,
then there is not much advantage to using Flash. However, if the users
interacts with that data in any way, then there are advantages. Namely,
the fact that the entire page will not need to be refreshed to update
the data view (or to submit data, etc).

btw, that workflow requires no animation. I have been working with Flash
for about 4 years now, and I dont think i have done any animation for
about 2 years. All of my Flash applications consists of one Frame which
a bunch of components, and data going back and forth from Flash and the
server.

> What I am driving at is this : there is no real 'Spectrum of
> Participants'
> (sorry Ray) of how to get a movie up and running.

For what its worth, here is my workflow.

1. create functionality of movie using ActionScript and components.
2. send it to a designer to make it look pretty.

btw, as far as time and costs, in a lot of cases i think the developing
in Flash is easier / faster than in HTML since I don't have to write a
bunch of code that maintains client state across page views.

mike chambers

[EMAIL PROTECTED]