Trivial? Have you used DHTML lately? (grin). There are many things that
Flash can do that one could do in DHTML - however the fact that you have
99% less cross-platform headaches would make even simple stuff better in
Flash I think. I think Flash has more bells and whistles than just
animation. Certainly being able to tie in remoting to a flash app, even
one that is a simple form, adds a level of sophistication that you can't
get in DHTML. I know you can do server pings with DHTML, but this is
normally done via IFRAME, layer hacks.

I'm not a Flash guru, so I'll stop there. Maybe I'll never use Flash to
it's full potential - but I can say I'd _much_ rather use Flash now that
I've got a good handle on it. All the books I've seen in the past tried
to make me learn the animation crap that I'll just never have a use for.
The course focused on things that made me see that I really can use
Flash in my apps - right now.

P.S. Yes, I work for Macromedia (well, not for much longer), so I'm
probably biased. I just want people here to know that I'm not just
saying this because I work for the company. I really have gained a
_much_ bigger appreciation for what Flash can do for me as a 'coder
geek'. If anyone thinks its out of place for a MACR employee to tout
Flash... well... sorry. ;)

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Hire

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus