I agree, Ray - I've had no use for Flash, even though I appreciate
some of the animation it's produced.  It's been an interesting
*diversion* from the best uses of the Internet, and it's current
use on the 'Net testifies to that perspective.  It's basically an
advertiser's tool...and advertisers are always looking for anything
different to try to attract attention.

But for the main work of the Internet, presenting and manipulating
data, it's had no place.  I beleive apps should look good, but
Flash is just overkill for creating asthetically appealing sites.
Most clients aren't interesting in paying for that kind of eye-candy.

My work would be like yours, a few reusable graphics templates,
basic components and forms, and I'm working 99% of the time.
Probably never use any animation...Same reason I never use
DHTML to make a photo fly onto the screen instead of just having
it appear...

Thanks for your interest in making Flash MX, especially AS,
accessible to the "unwashed masses."

Rick