From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 September 2002 14:20
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Ben's J2EE Book, now new course to be offered by MACR

Trivial? Have you used DHTML lately? (grin). There are many things that
Flash can do that one could do in DHTML - however the fact that you have
99% less cross-platform headaches would make even simple stuff better in
Flash I think. I think Flash has more bells and whistles than just
animation. Certainly being able to tie in remoting to a flash app, even
one that is a simple form, adds a level of sophistication that you can't
get in DHTML. I know you can do server pings with DHTML, but this is
normally done via IFRAME, layer hacks.

I'm not a Flash guru, so I'll stop there. Maybe I'll never use Flash to
it's full potential - but I can say I'd _much_ rather use Flash now that
I've got a good handle on it. All the books I've seen in the past tried
to make me learn the animation crap that I'll just never have a use for.
The course focused on things that made me see that I really can use
Flash in my apps - right now.

P.S. Yes, I work for Macromedia (well, not for much longer), so I'm
probably biased. I just want people here to know that I'm not just
saying this because I work for the company. I really have gained a
_much_ bigger appreciation for what Flash can do for me as a 'coder
geek'. If anyone thinks its out of place for a MACR employee to tout
Flash... well... sorry. ;)

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Hire

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus