I'm not meaning to be offensive, I'm only pointing out that graphic
designers are not, by nature, programmers.  That's why we distinguish
between the two. The start of my post was pointing out that Adobe may be
able to help boost CF usage by marketing it a simple way for
non-programmers to get basic programming tasks done on websites (send
email, include files, etc).  Of course there are lots of tricks that one
can do with a web server, but usually to understand those, you have to
have worked extensively with web servers or studied the subject to know
about SSI.  Most designers I have met don't know much about the
capabilities of web servers at all (virtual directories being the
simplest example) and I don't fault them for this as it is not their
job.  It's the same way that I wouldn't expect most programmers on this
list to know all of the keyboard shortcuts or graphical tricks in
Photoshop. It's not that we're stupid and couldn't learn it, but it's
not in our daily set of tasks.  I know there are exceptions to certain
rules, but I would say that most people who label themselves as
designers probably don't know much about programming.  If they do know
programming, they would probably classify themselves as
designer/developers.  It's all semantics and doesn't really matter, I'm
just explaining the basis for my statements.

John Burns
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
Wyle Laboratories, Inc. | Web Developer