On Feb 6, 2008 7:26 PM, Ben Forta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The answer is a definite "yes", you need to learn how to use CFCs. In
> fact,
> just as in David Gassner's tutorials, in my own ColdFusion books I
> introduce
> CFCs very early, and make them very usable and without adding complexity.
>
> You are probably going to get quite a few responses to this message, and
> many may suggest that you adopt full blown frameworks and learn some
> object
> oriented basics. And while there is validity to those suggestions, you may
> want to start much simpler than that. If, initially, you do nothing more
> than tier your app so that all database access is via centralized CFC
> methods, and never in .cfm files directly, that alone will be a major step
> in the right direction.
>
> -- Ben
>
> Thanks Ben for the reply.
I took your advice and working to use CFCs for specific uses like Login or
my DB connections. Still very confusing for me especially because your new
book CFWACK 8 is not available in my area yet and the only book I could buy
from the older series is Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Application
Development which is much higher than my programing languages understanding
level.

> As you said some kind repliers suggested some frameworks and mostly
> suggested I use CFC. But What I really need to know is:

Does these frameworks make things easier or just more complicated.
I'm working on a small-medium sized application and I hope I can use some
CFCs there but a framework if it makes everything even working with CFCs
easier would a huge help. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance Ben
Ali