New Atlanta has made quite a good living "migrating" folks from "legacy"
coldfusion to .Net or JEE. The reality is they come into companies still
running ColdFusion 5 or older and move them onto New Atlanta's licenced CFML
engines (BlueDragon) for the appropriate platform be it .Net or JEE. Now
honestly I doubt there are enough large companies out there interested in it
so I would say its not the best career move but it is feasible to fit into
that space and use OpenBD or Railo. If I were a Java shop I would be leary
of CFML as it is a different language (regardless of the easy of picking it
up). You might be better served selling your skills as a java presentation
layer consultant, which really is where CFML can fit very nicely in a JEE
architecture, its a crap ton better than other frameworks in that space in
my opinion (JSP, JSF, Tapestry).

Adam