Thanks all for the followup!  I'm sorry, but it was "My Bad" on the subject
line.  I wasn't trying to suggest that a CF Developer could present him or
herself as a Java developer, but rather present the idea of a CF Developer
persuading a company to use ColdFusion versus Java for their web apps.
 (Will be more careful in wording my subject lines in the future.)
Josh and Adam responded "spot on" with what I was inquiring about.

My reason for the whole thread stems from recent search of the job marketing
in the midwest USA.  I've made a good career programming web apps with
ColdFusion since version 3 by Allaire.  ColdFusion and the community that
surrounds it is quite awesome indeed!

Thanks again!
Dakota

Adam and Josh summed it up perfectly