> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 3:31 AM, Jochem van Dieten wrote:
>>
>> ColdFusion is compiled to Java. Hand the code to the company in an EAR
>> or WAR and they won't ever know you used ColdFusion.
>>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 7:22 AM, Adam Haskell wrote:
>
> Let me know how much repeat business you get with that tactic please.

Are you being sarcastic?  I'm not quite sure.

Deploying applications as WARs or EARs seems pretty slick.  Covers a
lot of problems with application deployment, neh?

I'm just getting into it, and clustering, but I could easily see
distributing one's application as a zip file, basically.

I see people paying me money for these applications.  And leveraging
Java is a pretty powerful feature.

>From the other end, if you're doing anything cool, you'd have an API
anyways.  Maybe use SOAP or, well, whatever, really.  Not quite a java
API though, I guess.

It's not Java, literally, (or maybe it is, actually ;]), so I wouldn't
sell it as "having Java source files", but I could see selling it as a
java application (or java-based).  At least, Dilbert-style: "the
pointy heads don't even know what Java is, but they've heard of it, at
least".

Probably depends on your business model, and if the client owns the
source code, and all that stuff, as to how successful you'd be at
doing things this way, too.

You'd be silly to sell CF source as Java source, of course, of course.
 If that's what you were getting at.

If you were honestly being curious, I can verify that you can sell
applications (as WAR files, or whatever), and people will pay for
them, repeatedly.

It might be good to note that Railo will, before too long, come with
JBoss, right about... <---here

Heh.  I love it.

Guess my virtual machine is through copying, along with my nodes, so
time to get back to the old grind-stone.

:den

--
Now... to cluster MySQL or Postgres... hmmm...