>  I'm even beginning to wonder whether or
> not certain individuals in our government
> KNEW of this attack before it
> occured and were just waiting to grab at the
> chance to take away our freedoms.

Do you really think our government would allow people to be killed, just so
they can pass legislation?

The government can't hide conspiracies. They are horrible at keeping
secrets. That's why I never bought into the idea there's a UFO at area 51,
simply because the government couldn't keep a secret for that long. They are
too incompetent.

I think that people often assume conspiracy when in fact there is
incompetence. This comes from being inside many bureaucracies, including
some government agencies. To summarize: They have their thumbs up their ass.
They are so incompetent they couldn't orchestrate a conspiracy even if they
were ordered to do so, let alone do their normal jobs. As a general rule, if
you're a looser you want to work for the government because they will hire
you and not fire you. Whereas a normal corporation won't hire you in the
first place, or if they do they will soon figure out that you're incompetent
and will fire you.

Seriously, I worry that this government is too stupid and does nothing, far
more often than I worry about them doing other things.

I think the real issue here is why didn't we prevent this? Why was a plane
able to actually crash into the pentagon? Don't they have an air defense?
Why didn't they see it coming and evacuate the building? I see it as a perl
harbor situation where our people were sitting on their ass (remember, radar
told them we had incoming planes).

I didn't think much of John Ashcroft, but when he denied the feds the
ability to use the handgun purchase database (whatever its called) for the
war on terrorism, I decided that he's not that bad of a guy. But my opinion
might change.