IPX doesn't beacon... Beaconing is a Token RIng function that happens at
layer 2. IPX happens at layer 3.

This is a simple case of OSI confusion (as opposed to OSI envy, which we
won't get into...).

Token Ring is Layer 2. IP and IPX are layer 3. The Token Ring MAU is part of
that Layer 2 ring. At layer 2, with one MAU you have only one ring.

BUT - at layer 3, you can run multiple network segments on that same ring.
They won't be able to see each other unless you have a router that has an
interface configured on each one.

For example, take an 8-port 8228 MAU and connect 4 PC's to it. Configure
each PC with TCP/IP. Configure 2 of them to use IP addresses 10.10.10.1/24
and 10.10.10.2/24 respectively (and respectfully...). Configure the other 2
PC's to use IP addresses 192.168.16.1/24 and 192.168.16.2/24. MAKE SURE ALL
4 PC's are configured for the same speed (4 or 16). Guess what happens - the
192.168.16.x stations can ping each other, but can't ping the 10.10.10.x's.
Likewise, the 10.10.10.x's can ping each other, but not the 192.168.16.x's.

NOW - connect a router with 2 TR interfaces to the MAU. Assign one interface
to 10.10.10.3/24 and one to 192.168.16.3/24 - again make sure they are both
set to the same speed as the PC's. Look at the router's routing table - both
networks appear as they are both directly connected. You'll note that the
10.10.10.x's can now ping the 192.168.16.x's and vice versa.

OK - that's one issue... BUT there is still the original question which had
to do with connecting two routers to the MAU and doing some bridging between
them. In the previous scenario, we "virtualized" the network by using
addressing at layer 3. This split one layer 2 network into two layer 3
networks. The router was used to connect the "virtual" networks together.

In a bridging scenario, we want to connect networks together at layer 2 to
"simulate" one larger layer 2 network. Do we have two layer 2 networks? No.
Can we use routers to "virtualize" the layer two network, split it in two,
then use bridging on the routers to connect it back again? Hmmm...

I've held you hand this far - now y'all walk a bit on your own...