Don't be disappointed with your CCNP, that's for sure...  Just don't
consider it the end all to getting that job.  I started with my company in
June 1999 with an MSCE and CCNA, neither of which I attained with work
experience, one with school, the other self study.  I got a job setting up
small LANs for scanning projects, and then doing the scanning along with the
others!  Then, moved UP to the help desk!!!  Didn't even start there, is
what I am getting at.  Got promoted in 2 months to help desk supervisor by
doing a good job (I think), then moved to engineering team in 6 months to
help design our new Cisco network because there were only 2 other CCNAs
around to do it.  In June of 2000 I attained my CCNP, with some work
experience on the equipment and our test lab at work. Now I would consider
myself a valuable member of our Network Infrastructure team, but it didn't
happen overnight, and even though I wanted it to happen, I really didn't
expect it to at this company based on where I started.

One more thought.  There are those, including a very senior Microsoft
Architect here, who still say I don't have enough experience to go after my
CCIE, that it would not benefit myself, or the company because even if I
attained it, I would not have enough years of experience to  back that cert.
Well to him, I said, I am not going to sit around 10 years until I have your
experience, I am going to study everyday, and get involved with every
network problem and design issue I can to gain experience faster in
troubleshooting methods, and seeing various levels of problems.  To that he
just shook his head and said with a smile...  Kids nowdays..  ;-)  By the
way, I am 32.  Not really a kid anymore.  hehehehe

HTH

Jim