From: Denis A. Baldwin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 11:26 AM
To: 'Sam Adams'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Disappointed with ccnp!!

I have to agree, but from the other side of the scope. I'm 20 and got into
it because I loved it, but also because I wanted the money.  When I got into
computers (about 9 years ago), I really wanted to be rich and powerful.  I
grew up in a lower-class family (sub 25k/year) and I didn't want to live
like that.  I started mowing lawns why I was 12 to get the money that I
could prove against my peers.  I mowed 60 lawns a week and went to school.
Lots of good money, almost $40k year actually, but I hated the work. Then I
got really heavily into computers.

As for people switching gears, I often find that young people are even more
into switching than older folks.  The trends tends to show that from 18-25,
people will switch careers (or atleast physical jobs) from 3-4 times.  That
is pretty typical.

Denis

Denis A. Baldwin A+/MCP/I-Net+
Network Administrator - CAE, Inc.