Hi,

My two bobs worth,

Any qualification is as good as the paper it is written on.  In my experience someone
with an open mind, willing to learn, has acquired knowledge, shares knowledge and
works smart in an effort to acheive excellence is what really counts.

The paper does indicate the person has at least seen the words and knows the lingo,
probably the acromymns and often has some understanding.  I have seen many a good
technical person, well qualified, knowledgable and understanding come copletely
unglued when put in a situation the person was not familiar with.  The mark of the
real expert is 'the real expert will seek, ask and find' the details.  He knows how to
extract the details.  Paper qualifications particularly at a degree level indicates
the person can usually do this.

I understand the pride of having a bunch of letters after your name.  Personally I
don't use them although I do have a copy of some of the certs I have gained on my
wall.  These are for my pride not to show others.

I have lost the pride in my qualifications because some have them and do not share,
care or attempt to understand.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia

PS.  I did think it strange when I read something by a Dr. Icant Remember the name
CCIE.

www.tasmail.com