I believe that there are two distinctions that should
be made - and that you may disagree with. At least for
the bachelors degree, the experience is just that -
well beyond the actual academics. In addition, the
focus of the GE portion of the program is to diversify
- humanities, science, language, amongst others. This
is one of the limitations to the Cisco (and other)
certifications as the certifications present a myopic
view.

The second distinction is that I would contend neither
represents more than the sum of its components, and
that value is perceived. For example, if I graduated
Stanford with a 2.1 GPA, as opposed to San Diego State
with a 4.0, which school would be a better hire? Few
resumes I see have the GPA, and, regardless, a lot of
folks use the name...

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This issue is turning thisgs upside down from point
> of view.
>
> I would like to tell you my opinion. If CCNA, NP,
> DA, DP and IE written
> are not worth then your Bachelors and Graduate
> studies worth the same. Just
> papers.
>
> I learn to configure a cisco router before knowing
> all the cisco stuff.
> I have a CCDA, CCNP and going for the complete set
> CCDA, CCNP and CCIE complete.
>
> I knew frame relay,atm, sna, dlsw, sdlc, ppp, ipx,
> switching, etc before
> taking any cisco course. I took all cisco traning
> path version 11.2 and
> just recently obtain my degrees and working for the
> big one.
>
> What will be your opinion Do I know something or I
> am just papers?
>
> You sould be carefull on your opinion about this
> things, all the knowledge
> since a long time ago has been paper, No one has
> achieve glory after years
> of practice and experience.
>
> I was thinking that you are trying to do the same
> that the shareowners are
> doing with the internet economy, you are devaluating
> the value of the Certifications,
> why don't you do the same with the college and and
> graduate degrees, they
> are very similar just studying and passing examns
> not real life thing until
> you pass all the levels (semesters and big exam
> thesis).
>
> Giga Internetworking
>
> Fer Saldana

[EMAIL PROTECTED]