From: Tony van Ree [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 2:08 PM
To: Liang Mark J Civ AFRL/PROI; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Cisco Certs Becoming Paper CCXX

Hi,

My two bobs worth,

Any qualification is as good as the paper it is written on.  In my
experience someone with an open mind, willing to learn, has acquired
knowledge, shares knowledge and works smart in an effort to acheive
excellence is what really counts.

The paper does indicate the person has at least seen the words and knows the
lingo, probably the acromymns and often has some understanding.  I have seen
many a good technical person, well qualified, knowledgable and understanding
come copletely unglued when put in a situation the person was not familiar
with.  The mark of the real expert is 'the real expert will seek, ask and
find' the details.  He knows how to extract the details.  Paper
qualifications particularly at a degree level indicates the person can
usually do this.

I understand the pride of having a bunch of letters after your name.
Personally I don't use them although I do have a copy of some of the certs I
have gained on my wall.  These are for my pride not to show others.

I have lost the pride in my qualifications because some have them and do not
share, care or attempt to understand.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia

PS.  I did think it strange when I read something by a Dr. Icant Remember
the name CCIE.
On Tuesday, March 20, 2001 at 08:01:23 AM, Liang Mark J Civ AFRL/PROI wrote:

> Bravo!

Just

www.tasmail.com