>I saw something confusing about OSPF Router ID which I haven't
>checked out but I
>thought if its true, it could be a brain teaser during the BSCN exam
>According to the official BSCN documentation, the router ID takes on
>the highest
>IP address.
>But according to another training document, if you have a loopback address
>configured,  the router ID is the lowest active address on the router.
>Does anyone know if this is true and why the addresses would change?

The latter is wrong. The order of selection is:

1. Numerically highest IP addresss on a loopback interface, when
there are multiple loopback addresses.

2. IP address on the loopback address when only a single loopback is defined.

3. Numerically highest IP address on an active physical (or logical other than
    loopback address)--active as in no shutdown
--
"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not

Howard C. Berkowitz      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Director, CertificationZone.com
Senior Mgr. IP Protocols & Algorithms, Advanced Technology Investments,
    NortelNetworks (for ID only)
"retired" Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CID) #93005