this thread is cracking me up!  but you're tossing up some good questions, and
hopefully, you're learning how the OSPF router ID is assigned.

The statement from p.1 is multiple *loopback* interfaces, not multiple
*addresses* on a loopback interface;  using the following scenario as an
example

interface loopback 0
ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.248.0

interface loopback 1
ip address 172.16.200.1 255.255.248.0

interface ethernet 0
ip address 192.168.5.1 255.255.255.0

interface serial 0
ip address 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.252

(No mention of secondaries, although your point is likely correct and well
taken)

thus in this scenario, the loopback 1 address would become the OSPF router ID
because its IP address is higher than loopback 0, even though the physical
interfaces have higher IP addresses, because OSPF prefers the *highest
numbered loopback address*

if loopback 1 did not exist, loopback 0 address would become the OSPF router
ID because OSPF prefers *loopback over physical* interfaces for router ID,
even though the physical interfaces have higher addresses

if neither loopback existed, serial 0 address would become the OSPF router ID
because it has the highest IP address

capiche?

LOL... dazed, amazed and amused on a Friday vacation-day

-e-