exactamundo!

>>> Guy  01/31/02 03:34PM >>>
A CCIE With no work experience????

I think most employers would shy away from that! A CCNP, or CCNA possible,
but CCIE... Im not sure. That would be like a Brain surgeon with no work
experience... WHat would you pay him to operate on your brain????

Makes you think eh??? I think your best bet is to get a job as a CCNP or
CCNA, get a year or two experience (Minimum) then worry about CCIE. Maybe
work some other certs in there too, like Unix or maybe Microsoft or
something to round you out a bit more and make some opportunities in the
market for yourself... Or firewalls, and or something like tripwire etc...

My point is, If you have a CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, and 50 other certifications
behind your name, and no work experience, poeple are going to know you are a
good test taker, but you will still be starting off at the bottom. With a
salary range of maybe 30-50k But that CCIE is not going to make it 100k no
matter what your cousins brother or whatever told you. All the
certifications are for is to take someone who has the experience, and
skills, and gives them something they can use as proof of their expertise.

It is not for an entry level person to get so they can get a higher start
pay... All that does is cheapen the cert.

Look at the MCSE. Back when I took my MCSE, that cert gave me credibility. I
walked out of every interview with an offer. I could make my own choices. I
took my MCSE after several years of workwith Net systems including Novell,
IBM OS/2, and Microsoft. It was more of a proof of my skill set. Not a proof
I can read Brain Dumps, and hope I will do ok if someone gives me the
chance...

Now days you mention MCSE, and what goes through your mind??? Thats right
Worthless.....

Now why is that?

Its because people with no skills heard of someone who became an MCSE, and
started making 70k or whatever... Then that person decided,.... Hey, I can
do that.... And found Transcenders etc... Became an M CSE, but cant even
copy files to a floppy ....

This happened on a large scale, and soon employers were hiring worthless
MCSEs, and were getting frustrated...

Now, in the IT industry, it has become a low level Cert... TO me that ticks
me off. Ive been an MCSE since 96, and mine is prrof of the pudding.... not
a piece of paper...

Now, Cisco is becoming the same way. Look at how many people are becoming
CCNP...CCNA...etc... How many of those people could configure a medium level
network lab without the directions????

How many could trouble shoot their way out of a paper bag????

If people dont try to really learn the systems, all certifications will be
no better than a 3rd grade diploma!

sorry for my soap box, just really feel people take these things the wrong
way.... If people dont wake up, then all of this is for nothing...

I would not be happy spending a couple thousand dollars to get a 3rd grade
diploma????