Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:
> From: Jeff Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> where is dvipdfmx?
>
> Well, it's certainly not in my pants, last time I checked... <_<
>
> dvipdfmx is an update to dvipdfm, and grew from dvipdfm-cjk
> (dvipdfm-jpn and dvipdfm-kor).
> On Debian, you have a package called "dvipdfmx".
>
> Try Google or Alibaba and see if you can find anything for your
> distribution (which one should always do in the first place).
>
> The latest upstream version can be downloaded at
> http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx/snapshot/ .
>

> Kind regards
>

> Danai SAE-HAN
> 韓達耐

thanks so much for the comprehensive explanation! :)
I am using cjk-current together with utf8 fonts created by subfonts.pe
and Unicode.sfd.

Just using `\usepackage{CJK}` in the example will give the error message:

) (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/CJK/UTF8/UTF8.bdg)
! Missing control sequence inserted.
<inserted text>
                \inaccessible
l.22 \begin{CJK}{UTF8}{nsung}

?

However, `\usepackage{CJKutf8}` works well. Should I chose
`\usepackage{CJKutf8}` to work with unicode fonts not `\usepackage{CJK}`?

P.S.

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{CJKutf8}
%%%\usepackage{CJK}